This course provides focused strategies towards establishing collaborative solutions to minimize potential negative aspects of conflict and maximize successful outcomes that strive to resolve conflict. During this course, participants will learn how effective conflict management can open doors to healthier workplace relationships and more productive working relationships with both property owners as well as the general public.
- Generalist: A core course that can be applied towards RWA, RWP, and SR/WA programs.
- Specialist: An elective for the R/W-AMC, R/W-EC, R/W-NAC programs.
- What is conflict?
- Nature and consequences of conflict
- The two consequences of conflict
- Seven common outcomes of “usual conflict”
- Constructive versus destructive approaches to conflict
- Why conflict is natural
- Determining your own conflict style
- Coping with criticism
- Managing interpersonal conflict
- Understanding the “communication climate”
Course Tuition includes
- Learning Guide
- Successful Communication and Negotiation Textbook (separate purchase; available through IRWA’s Publication Store)
Who should take this courseThis course is designed for right of way and infrastructure professionals who want to sharpen their skills in managing interpersonal conflict for optimal relational success
Two ways to register:
- International IRWA website, www.irwaonline.org
- Contact Holly Whitley-Cataldo (firstname.lastname@example.org)